Hardwoods are popular in most homes. When properly maintained they can increase the value of a home. And, an amazing fact is they are easy to maintain. Regular sweeps, weekly mops or vacuuming does the cleaning job. However, doing your mopping rounds can be tough sometimes.
It’s no hidden secret that mopping isn’t the most amusing of chores. Oftentimes, it is done out of necessity. I mean you wouldn’t want to live in a pile of dirt nor have preventable germs lurking around your floor. Hence, you mop to keep your house clean and relatively germ-free.
Furthermore, when it comes to mopping your choice of mops especially for your hardwood floor influences how clean your floor gets. So, today we will review the 8 best wet mops for the hardwood floor.
Best Wet Mop For Hardwood Floors
- Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
- O-Cedar Easywring Microfiber Spin Mop
- Bona Hardwood Floor Premium Spray Mop
- Temples Pride Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop
- Bissel Spinwave Hardwood Cleaner
- Linkyo Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop
- Swiffer Wetjet Hardwood Floor Spray Mop
- E-Cloth Microfiber Mop
The turbo microfiber mop is suitable for cleaning a wide range of flooring types. It is lightweight which makes it easy to work with. It does well in both wet and dry mopping of the floor. It comes with an adjustable handle that allows you to reach hidden corners of the floor. It also has a 360-degree spin head that picks dirt, fur, and debris effortlessly. Furthermore, it has a scrub pad for tough adherent stains.
Click To Buy On Amazon
- It comprises 1 mop head, 2 microfiber refills/pads, 2 scrubbing pads, 1 mop head, and 1 mop handle.
- Mop head spins 360degrees and it is 17-inches large.
- The Mop handle/pole is adjustable and made of aluminum.
- Has deep cleaning scrub pads for tough stains.
- Mop pads are easy to fix and remove for the mop head.
- It is easy to use, assemble and disassemble.
- Has an adjustable handle that can extend up to 60inches which helps you reach far ends.
- Cleaning pads are machine washable so you save money on frequent replacement.
- The system is lightweight and suitable for both wet and dry mopping.
- The scrub pads are tough on dirt.
- Its aluminum handle tends to break easily.
- Its scrubbing pad is not suitable for engineered hardwood.
O-Cedar is a company that deals with cleaning products and tools. Its recent innovation is the O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber mop, a bucket flooring mop for household cleaning. Its bucket is easy to use, has a foot pedal and a splash guard. Its mop head is triangular in shape making it easy to reach the nook and cranny of the floor. Its 360-degree rotation is also a plus. It is not just suitable for hardwood floors but other floors too.
- Has an automated mop bucket for easy wring.
- The Mop head has a 360-degree spin ability and it is machine washable.
- Mop handle extends 48″.
- A Splash guard helps prevent excessive water spills.
- Microfiber pads are good for dry and wet cleaning.
- Its microfiber mop absorbs well.
- Saves you the stress of bending to squeeze your mop.
- Easily reach far corners.
- Microfiber pads are washable.
- It is economical.
- Replacement heads are readily available.
- The Bucket is made of thick plastic and lasts long.
- The mop head is small.
- The foot pedal may get broken.
- Mop handle is short.
- Bucket can’t be filled directly from the sink because of its size.
This is one of those famous mops that comes with a jet spray. It does a great job in caring for the hardwood floor. A striking feature is its large mop head. This extra-large head boosts its cleaning speed. It also has a secondary grip that makes maneuvering around your tables, chairs and cabinets pretty easy. Also, it has a retractable hook which complements its cleaning prowess as a spray mop.
- It has a 16.5inch mop head with soft, flexible corners.
- Its microfiber cleaning pad provides double-zone cleaning. The outer fibers of the pad split the grime and its inner fiber absorbs the dirt.
- Has a 32oz cartridge filled with a solution suitable for cleaning engineered hardwood floors.
- Has aluminum poles covered in plastic at the middle and upper part. The poles snap in easily and are confirmed with a click sound.
- The unit has a retractable handle hook to aid easy storage.
- Extra-large mop head cleans faster.
- Easy to use and lightweight.
- Has flexible rubber corners, to protect your furniture from damages.
- Has a secondary grip and retractable hook.
- The Cartridge is easy to refill.
- The microfiber pad is washable.
- Safe for polyurethane finished floors and unwaxed hardwood floors.
- Good price.
- Cleans well
- A possible cartridge leak can occur.
- Mop handle can break.
- May leave streak marks on the floor.
This is a flat mop for floor cleaning floors with the hardwood floor inclusive. It comes with an 18-inch pad on the base. Its wide base makes mopping sessions faster because you get to cover large areas in a nick of time. Also, its handle is made of aluminum giving it a firm feel, it can also be adjusted up to 69 inches. This means you get to reach far ends when mopping without straining your back.
Another plus to this mop is its microfiber pads. Its package comes with three. One for dry mopping and two for wet mopping. Hence, it serves the two purposes.
- Weighs 2.12 pounds.
- Mop head swivels 360-degree.
- Has a telescopic handle.
- Comes with 3 microfiber mop pads.
- Uses velcro strips.
- Comes with a two-year warranty.
- It is sturdy and doesn’t break or bend easily.
- Parts are easy to assemble.
- Cleans floor efficiently.
- You can easily switch between mop pads.
- Microfiber pads can be washed and are durable too.
- Its long handle saves your back.
- Easy to store.
- Its 2-year warranty makes buying one a sweet deal.
- Velcro strips can lose.
- Handle doesn’t always lock in place.
- Mop head can flip over involuntarily.
- Its plastic base may scratch the floor if not carefully handled.
The Bissell Spinwave Hardwood Cleaner gets your hardwood floor clean at a go. It has a mop head that spins. Its on-demand spray also releases the cleaner to the floor as needed. Effectively removes dirt from the hardwood floor. It is safe for use on other floor types. It works quietly but efficiently.
- Sprays the needed amount of cleaner on demand by pressing its trigger button.
- It is lightweight and can be easily maneuvered.
- It weighs about 11 pounds.
- Has a removable tank that can be easily cleaned and filled.
- Has both microfiber mop pads and scrub pads that are machine washable.
- Comes with two bottles of formulas that get rid of tough stains.
- Ease to use and maneuver as it glides through the floor without stress.
- Mop pads are easy to attach and detach from the mop head with Velcro strips.
- The water tank is easy to fill and fix.
- It is pricey.
- Can leave streaks on the floor after mopping.
6. Linkyo Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop
This mop works well on several surfaces not leaving out the hardwood floor surface. It is durable and has a flexible and lightweight handle. It can lengthen up to 70inches making it suitable to reach far ends. Its 360 degrees rotating mop head makes maneuvering simple too. The linkyo floor mop also has a microfiber mop pad and cloths that are washable and long-lasting. They can be washed up to a hundred times.
- The product comes with a two years warranty.
- It is made of 3 Flat microfiber mop pads with two reversible and one stand.
- Reversible pads have a scrubber side.
- The Telescopic handle is made of stainless steel and extendable.
- Small mop head of about 14inches that rotates 360 degrees.
- Uses a teeth clamp mechanism to affix the pad to the mop head.
- Weighs 2.4 pounds.
- Cleans the floor effectively and removes dust and dirt.
- Handle is firm and durable.
- Its two years warranty makes it a good deal.
- The pads have a scrubber side and are machine washable.
- Pads are securely held to the mop head with its clip designed mechanism.
- Storage is made easy by hanging.
- Handle extension helps to reach far ends.
- In the long run it is cost-effective.
- Replacement pads are available for purchase.
- Mop is heavier compared to other regular ones.
- Mop head is small but does the job.
- Susceptible to involuntary flipping.
The Swiffer Wetjet wood spray mop is a mop suitable for hardwood and other flooring types. It has a dual nozzles sprayer for evenly sprinkling the floor with a cleaning solution. It is an all-in-one system made specifically for the hardwood floor. It comes with a starter kit. Within the starter kit lies the following; 500mls of quick-dry cleaning solution, 2 pairs of AA batteries and 10 microfiber-like wetjet cleaning pads. This starter kit is what you get along with the Swiffer wetjet itself.
- Specifically made for hardwood floors.
- Suitable for finished wood.
- The mop head has an LED light.
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- It is easy to fix and remove pads
- LED lights are available to brighten your paths.
- Operates with cordless technology and can be easily maneuvered. It uses a battery.
- The wetjet cleaning solution dries up fast and leaves a nice fragrance.
- The handle feels weak and may easier snap from excess pressure.
- It may leave films/ streaks after mopping.
- Since pads are not reusable, you will need to frequently replace them.
- The spray may stop working.
The E-Cloth brand is known for its eco-friendly cleaning tools and products. The mopping system works with just water, you don’t need to add a cleaning agent. The E-cloth mop can be used on both hardwood and laminate floors. It cleans the floor by removing dirt and germs from its surface. It has an aluminum handle. It weighs 1.4 pounds thus making it easy to push through the floor.
- It removes 99% of bacteria.
- It works without cleaning chemicals making it eco-friendly.
- The Aluminum handle extends up to 5feet.
- It has washable microfiber pads.
- It cleans effectively and protects the floor.
- It is lightweight and easy to work with.
- Handle is adjustable to help reach the desired reach.
- It is environmentally friendly and sustainable.
- Microfiber pads are reusable so it saves you the cost of frequent refills.
- Overtime handle extender may feel loose.
- Its mop pads can give squeaky sounds while mopping.
Tips on Maintaining Your Hardwood Floor
a. Use only a soft-bristled broom for sweeping. Avoid using brooms with sharp brittle as they may leave scratches on your floor. The broom should be wide enough to cover large areas faster and gather dirt and crumbs easily.
b. Use vacuums with a soft floor nozzle. A sharp nozzle may damage the floor as well as carpet beaters or brush rolls.
c. Do not leave sticky stains like ink or grease on the floor for long. Clean immediately with a damp cloth along with a wood floor cleaner.
d. For deep mopping sessions, you can use a flat-head mop with a microfiber pad. Ensure to wring out by excessive water. Also, only use a cleaner suitable for the hardwood.
Oftentimes, wet mopping is done for deep cleaning. To remove tough and stubborn stains. Using a good wet mop will help make mopping sessions faster and simpler.